What documentation is acceptable as a proof of residence?
Your proof of residence should clearly show your name, residential address and indicate a date within the last three months. The following documents are acceptable as proof of your residential address:
- Utility bill
- Bank statement
- Lease or rental agreement
- Municipal rates and taxes invoice
- Mortgage statement
- Telephone or cellular account
- Recent long-term or short-term insurance policy document
- Statement of account issued by a retail store
If you share an address with another person, you can ask them to sign an address confirmation affidavit and submit it along with their proof of residence and a copy of their ID.